Stratigic Planning Initiative
PRINCIPLES AND PROMISES
1. INCLUSIVE- all church members will be invited, encouraged and included in the process.
2. VALUED COMMENTS- all comments will be considered valuable to the process; recognize that everyone has a “voice”.
3. RESPECT- participants will show respect for others.
4. RESPECTING HISTORY/FOCUS ON FUTURE- church history will only be revisited if it has implication for the future (people will not be discussed only events).
5. PROCESS ORIENTED- the Strategic Planning Initiative (SPI) Process will be clearly outlined and defined.
6. BENCHMARKS- milestones along the way will be acknowledged and celebrated.
7. TRANSPARENT- information from meetings will be available to all.
8. REPORTABLE- regular reports and updates will be provided at Vestry Meetings, church website and public venues (e.g. church services).
9. CONSENSUS- decision making will be made by consensus.
10. VESTRY RESPONSIBILITY AND ACTION - the Vestry will review and agree to support the process.
11. LEADERSHIP LISTENERS- in conversations throughout the Strategic Planning Initiative Process, vestry members, SPI Committee members and the Rector will take a neutral position refraining from influencing the congregation’s voice
12. COMMITMENT TO ACTION- the church leadership, i.e. the Rector and Vestry, will act on the recommendations and direction given to it by the Strategic Planning Committee and church membership.